BDH Sterling HR Business Partner UK / Australia
Epsom HQ (Home based at present)
Pragmatic, commercially focused and proactive HRBP with a diverse skill set and strong generalist experience. Prepared to deliver the full spectrum of HR, from more strategically led HR initiatives, in support of the overall business strategy, to the day to day HR administration. This is a new role and therefore the ability to drive new projects and initiatives is essential.
Key accountabilities and responsibilities:
- Provide an effective employee relations support service to all Line Managers which enables a productive, engaged and inspired team; to include performance management, absence, disciplinaries, grievances and sickness management.
- Identify new HR initiatives and present recommendations to the Directors for approval.
- Provide the necessary tools and coaching to managers in support of performance management.
- Define and implement a training and development agenda; identify areas that need attention and improvement to support business growth.
- Provide guidance on development for managers and their teams, including working with external suppliers of learning and development.
- Facilitate talent and succession planning; taking overall responsibility for the resourcing process and retention across the business.
- Support managers in the recruitment of new staff, specifically in the creation of offer letters and contracts, completing the reference process, right to work checking and onboarding of new staff
- Work closely with the Directors in determining compensation and benefits offered and provide advice and support to Line Managers and employees on company benefits, remuneration issues and benchmark data
- Prepare and gain agreement through the Directors to any spend requirements within the HR function and define added value outcomes related to that investment.
- Update and communicate company policies and procedures to ensure compliance with all relevant employment legislation and best practice in both UK and Australian jurisdictions. Ensure line managers are up to date with any changes.
- Provide training, support and coaching on processes and procedures where required.
- Keep up to date with legislation and ensure company compliance.
- Update all HR records, files and systems.
- Liaise with Bright HR on payroll matters for both UK and Australia.
- Self-starter with a hands-on attitude.
- Natural and credible influencer at all levels.
- Demonstrable experience in managing HR projects at the appropriate level.
- Previous experience of working as a HR generalist; preferably internationally.
- Cross culture experience / sensitivity.
- Superb presentation and communication skills both verbal and written.
- Experience of dealing with senior and sometimes challenging individuals.
- Personal energy and resilience.
- Confident leading on HR matters and supporting managers on all aspects of people management.
- Ability to produce reports and statistics as required.
- Good knowledge of UK and Australian employment legislation and HR best practice.
Interested applicants should email firstname.lastname@example.org enclosing a covering letter together with salary expectations and an up to date CV.