UK Financial Planners
Services for UK Financial Planners
For UK financial planners with clients living abroad or looking to move overseas, bdhSterling can provide an advice proposition enhancing the service that you provide to your client.
UK pension transfers to overseas can be complicated, when you consider the various tax regimes and jurisdictions – throughout the world – together with the ever-changing UK pension legislation governing pension transfers overseas.
Through our knowledge and experience we have advised clients in over 80 countries. Our solutions include:
- Recommending FATCA reporting investments suitable for UK pension members with US connections as well as US portfolios for clients living in US.
- Pension transfer advice and management for UK pension members living or moving to Australia – including strategies for clients with funds over the Australian non-concessional contributions cap that require “phased” transfers to Australia, clients who are under the age of 55 or clients that require an Australian Self-managed Superfund to be established as a QROPS (Qualifying Recognised Overseas Pension Scheme).
- Develop solutions for clients when changes in legislation occur, such as the Overseas Transfers Charge, effecting transfers to QROPS.
- Advised on contract-based schemes to fit with local tax laws in the overseas country the UK pension member is living in.
- Currency exchange and investment solutions within pension funds.
- Safeguarded benefit rights advice provided under our UK FCA (Financial Conduct Authority) license.
- All fees and charges are fully disclosed.
UK Pension Transfers – How we work with you
Qualify your client
Contact our technical team for an
initial fact find discussion.
You complete a Fact Find
& compliance documents.
Cash equivalent transfer value
We write to each pension scheme for a CETV.
Values are presented prior to the production
of UK advice.
Pension Transfer Analysis report
We prepare a compliant PTAR in the UK with full
transfer recommendations, where appropriate.
We issue discharge documents allowing a transfer
out of the pension scheme & into a UK-based
SIPP account, in order to facilitate partial transfers
within the Australian contribution limits.
UK Fund Management
until your client qualifies
for transfer to Australia.
Transfer out of the scheme
We arrange transfer from pension
scheme to UK-based SIPP account.
Transfer fees are deducted at this point.
You continue to provide your client with ongoing investment
and strategic advice, including the newly transferred funds.