Australian Financial Planners
UK Pension Transfers to Australia – the service
For Australian financial planners with clients holding UK pensions, bdhSterling can provide an advice proposition enhancing the service that you provide to your client.
UK pension transfers to Australia can be complicated and the benefits of working with bdhSterling through this complex area are:
- Eliminating Australian adviser/accountant compliance issues where incorrect advice can lead to heavy penalties and tax charges for the client.
- A value added service that can be offered to the adviser/accountant client base.
- Adviser/Accountant, retains ownership of client.
- Free technical phone advice for client pension transfer enquiries.
- Strategies for clients under 55 and over 55 years of age and Australians who have worked in the UK.
- Minimise currency issues by investing in GBP or AUD.
- Client’s best interest to review UK Defined Benefit and Final Salary Pension with appropriate defined benefit rights advice provided under our UK FCA (Financial Conduct Authority) license.
- No third party advisers contracted in the UK. All UK pension transfers are conducted under the one global roof.
UK Pension Transfers to Australia – How we work with you
The following flowchart demonstrates the service that we can provide for you.
Qualify your client
Contact our technical team for an
initial fact find discussion.
You complete a Fact Find
& compliance documents.
Cash equivalent transfer value
We write to each pension scheme for a CETV.
Values are presented prior to the production
of UK advice.
No extra fees
Pension Transfer Analysis report
We prepare a compliant PTAR in the UK with full
transfer recommendations, where appropriate.
We issue discharge documents allowing a transfer
out of the pension scheme & into a UK-based
SIPP account, in order to facilitate partial transfers
within the Australian contribution limits.
UK Fund Management
until your client qualifies
for transfer to Australia.
Transfer out of the scheme
We arrange transfer from pension
scheme to UK-based SIPP account.
Transfer fees are deducted at this point.
SMSF Service Package
Establish QROPS SMSF
Ongoing SMSF admin,
QROPS reporting &
Client under age 55
You can instruct us to invest client funds
according to risk profile, including investing
in GPB and/or AUD currencies.
Client over age 55
We arrange transfer of funds to Australia
according to the accepted recommendations.
SMSF Initial advice and ongoing advice
You continue to provide your client with ongoing investment
and strategic advice, including the newly transferred funds.
For more information please contact one of our advisers here.